Saturday, November 25, 2006

Who, me...??

Today I was in my final Geopolitics class for this semester. The teacher is quite a character, and we have had some relatively spectacular clashes of personality and ideology over the course of our classes together.

Today during lunchtime it was just him and me in the classroom, and he commented on how much he'd enjoyed taking the class because we have no shortage of opinions. He said to me, "you're a bit of a bouncer, yourself!". I said "what's a bouncer??", and he told me a bouncer is basically someone who's a bit feisty and likes a good stoush in the classroom.

He then told me I am "intellectually combative", and meant it as a compliment.

Haha. I'll take that :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Heh heh...that's a good thing, Jess. :)

Mind you, I think humanitarian action/emergency management is the place to come across some spectacular clashes - plenty of social scientists and defence force personnel having to work together!!