Tuesday, March 14, 2006

a chilly day in France



Hello faithful reader!

Yesterday Stu, Aedan and I went to Annecy, a little village in France, just for the afternoon. It was lovely but so cold we hardly knew what to do with ourselves! So we jousted with icicles, slid down icy hills on a cardboard box we found, took novelty photographs, terrorised local kebab shops with our 100 euro notes and found ourselves greatly diverted.

As I write this i'm sitting in my room with Stuart awaiting the kick-off time for our briefing. We are both done up like a two-bob watch in our work clothes - a far cry from the beanies and chunky jumpers of our trip thus far! But we look faaaahn - oh yeah!

Anyway I'd better go. I feel a bit nervous actually! Oh - in other news - I've started to teach myself Persian! I've been spending at least an hour a day, and i can now READ PERSIAN! i'm still terribly crap at it, but will doubtless improve, and it's quite fun!

OK i'm outty. See you later!

Jess x

1 comment:

Garth said...

reading with interest ...you lucky guys!