Friday, February 24, 2006

Prague Oddities


- lots of things smell like soap. lots of things. rooms, shops, people, doorways, trams. all sorts. it's very strange.
- today a man walked past me carrying a tusk. i don't know if it belonged to an elephant, a water buffalo or a woolly mammoth but the mofo was as long as his arm and quite a bit wider
- another, older, man with a round moon-face and grey facial hair walked past me and hiccuped. he then gave me a very forlorn look and i began to concoct this story about his hiccups in my head. anyone who has ever had a conversation with me about hiccups will know that i have an irrational fear about them - each time i get the hiccups i get quite frightened that they'll never go away. ever. and i begin to think about the disastrous effect that would have on my life. so that's what i imagined had happened to this guy. he's had the hiccups for 27 years, and is so distressed by them he's even given up shaving. oh, the shame.

No comments: